• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

FCC Update

But didn't you know that all regulation is bad and that any service provided by the government is the slippery slope to Stalinism? I know this is true, because I live in a conservative media bubble.

I have very strong opinions against using Title-II to regulate internet neutrality. It is creating trouble and I guarantee it will slow funding of new services we all want AND it will allow OTT content providers to completely KILL your internet connection without any means of repairing the problem other than spending a fortune widening the pipes with no clear financial pay off for the work.

I am for broadband subsidies, if they are efficient and controlled.

I have mixed feelings about municipal Wifi. On the one hand, it creates a government run entity which is free and effectively prevents anyone from making money off such a service, essentially ruining the market value of hundreds of commercial WiFi services if it takes off. On the other hand, it is helpful in markets where no business has chosen to invest.

I love what the FCC is doing with auctioning off spectrum, especially for the former TV spectrum which will be better used for all of us as mobile broadband. However, I am afraid of what the FCC is considering for spectrum for connected cars - they are thinking the spectrum could be shared simultaneously with other services, which scares the hell out of me.

So, I have very mixed feelings about the FCC.

Back