• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

FarCry

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Superstar
Any FarCry fans here? I tried the first one several years ago, thought it was stupid and totally linear, so I never gave it much further thought. But I generally like Ubisoft games, and FarCry 3 was on sale for ~$10 or something so I thought I'd try it to see if it had matured at all. Turns out to be a very enjoyable game, IMHO! Of course, the similarity to Assassin's Creed is immediately apparent, in terms of game play - missions, climbing towers to reveal maps, big territory with lots of collectibles, etc. But the plot is at least reasonably interesting and the side missions are fun. I especially enjoy the hunting, which is odd because in real life I'd personally never be a hunter, but I enjoy it in video games - again a connection to Assassin's Creed here a couple installments ago with Connor running around in the woods and hunting.

Anyway, I'd recommend FarCry 3, for sure. 4 just came out, will probably give it a go in a little while once the price drops a bit. I hear it's supposed to be pretty intense on the GPU as well... FarCry 3 has pretty good graphics, but nothing compared to Assassin's Creed.

Been playing FarCry 4 for a while now, having finished FC3. I REALLY like this game a lot. It's very well done, 4 is similar to 3 but prettier graphics (important to me) and more bells&whistles in terms of the variety of side quests. Plus you get to do some mountain climbing and even tool around in a mini helicopter! So cool. They also changed things so that it's not so easy to go around taking down forts with just a sniper rifle, which was kinda my style in FC3... forced me to adjust my tactics. :laughing: But IMHO now the bow is more powerful for sneaking around.

Big thumbs up for this franchise from me. And for a style of game - pseudo-military guerilla warfare - that I never thought I would enjoy, and haven't really in any other such game I've tried. Guess it's the variety of tactical situations and other types of missions (hunting, vehicle races, etc.) that they mix in there so that it's not so purely focused on fighting.

far cry 2 fan, 3 i kinda got lost in it, and well... sorta fell out of love with it. i missed my guns getting all ruined et al. but still a favorable game.

if i was to do it again, id definitely focus on 3 again. great stuff!

Back