• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

EDIT: Bought 48” OLED TV; any “full motion” wall mount suggestions?

Kazaam

I’m kicking around the idea of maybe putting an LG C2 OLED 42” TV in the bedroom. But it’s already wall-to-wall shit in there. So my plan would be to get a full motion mount that would let me either put it somewhat flush to the wall for when I want to watch TV in bed. And then also be able to pull/swivel the mount out a bit to angle toward a recliner I have in the room. For when I want to sit in said chair, of course.

Anyway… I was looking at the LG C2 and the tops of those are sure thin. Not nearly as thin as those problematic OLED Samsung laptop screens. But still… I worry a bit about grabbing the TV to swivel it and the pressure eventually breaking the TV screen somehow. Am I crazy?

I am not sure but I cant imagine them being that fragile without warning after warning about not sneezing near them.

From my recent experience with Samsung the manufacturers dont like giving money back. But what do i know.

What happened between you and Samsung? Was it a TV?
Yes, it died within 14 months, Samsung agreed to refund and the nightmare began. If I were still working I would have given up. 20 plus hours on the phone with them, every time started all over. Even after I had a claim number it was a gigantic PITA.

Thanks for that reminder Randy; I just spent about 30 minutes looking at the various TVs, guess I can leave Samsung out (think it was between the LG C2 and a Sony, anyway). Three bestbuy clerks spent about 30 minutes looking at each other and talking.
And, yeah, those things are thin! I would think by grabbing the screen at the center top and bottom, you shouldn't have any issues.

And, yeah, those things are thin! I would think by grabbing the screen at the center top and bottom, you shouldn't have any issues.

I suspect you’re right.

But I tell ya. I was 99% of the way there ready to impulse this thing earlier today. But now I’m not sure it’s gonna happen today. This has been an on and off idea for me the last couple of weeks.

I actually tried going cheap and last weekend bought a Hisense Roku VA panel 43” TV (sight unseen since it wasn’t on display, but I tried to guess if it would work for me based on a similar review/test over at rtings.com). Anyway… I had it unboxed and after making picture adjustments it was just so dimly lit and unimpressive that it went back to the store right away.

I suspect you’re right.

But I tell ya. I was 99% of the way there ready to impulse this thing earlier today. But now I’m not sure it’s gonna happen today. This has been an on and off idea for me the last couple of weeks.
Gotcha totally. I've been without any TV for almost 6 days now, and I'm still reading up and thinking and debating. Its almost kinda sad that there's a lifestyle shift without a TV, but that's made me think, too.
If I end up having to watch the superbowl at a sport's bar, I'll make sure to walk there, so I have to walk back. ;)

Since you mentioned the C2, I’ll bring it up. One slight downer is that apparently the 42” and 48” C2s aren’t quite the same panel as the larger C2s. According to an LG spec sheet I saw somewhere I think they’re saying those smaller sets don’t get quite as bright as the larger C2 models. Though I’m sure it’s still a superior picture to most other options in the 42”/43” range, with only the Sony OLED and Samsung mini-LED being in the same league.

Another thing that took me aback was learning that the C2 has what appears to be a power cable that is permanently attached to the back of the set and possibly not user replaceable. Probably not a big deal, but it wasn’t what I expected and so it was also part of what yanked me out of my impulse buy-now mode.

I’ll maybe still consider the Samsung mini-LED for the same price, as I have the previous years model in the living room and it sure can get brighter with HDR than probably most any OLED. But I still kind of want an OLED just because whilst the blacks are great on mini-LED, they are excellent on OLED. (That and because my first Samsung mini-LED had a broken speaker before replacement.)

Thanks for that reminder Randy; I just spent about 30 minutes looking at the various TVs, guess I can leave Samsung out (think it was between the LG C2 and a Sony, anyway). Three bestbuy clerks spent about 30 minutes looking at each other and talking.
I have Spectrum for a provider and Samsung is the only display that has the Spectrum app and I dont want another cable box or to pay for one.

UPDATE: So yesterday I picked up an LG C2 48”. Picture is more than fine for a bedroom with viewing angles of OLED. Speakers suck bad though I’ll keep it.

Right now it’s just sitting on a dresser. But I‘ll wall mount it eventually. I’d like to be able to pull it out to about a 45 degree angle (at times) and then push it back to the wall when done. So “full motion”. And I am wanting one that also has the ability to slide/center the mount between studs.

Any thoughts on these (or any other recommendations)?

I like that people say the Rocketfish is smooth, but I worry about a few of the reviews that mention the TV becoming crooked (not level) whenever pulling the mount out and then back onto the wall. And the Sanus reviews seem to say it’s a little stiff and I also am less certain if I can get a 45 degree angle or not.

Rocketfish mount at Best Buy $160
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocket...-most-40-75-tvs-black/6353060.p?skuId=6353060

Sanus Classic mount @ Amazon $99
https://www.amazon.com/Sanus-MLF13-B1-Articulating-Universal-37-80-Inch/dp/B00UNR0KH8/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2BZCUZS7X4FHF&keywords=Sanus+mlf13&qid=1676217763&sprefix=sanus+mlf13,aps,118&sr=8-3&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

I have that Sanus, you can easily get 45˚ out of it; I can't any more as when my first TV was pro-installed, they trimmed the cables to be just long enough. My new TV has the inputs on the left side, and the cables themselves won't allow me to swing it that far anymore (fortunately I don't need to).
It's worked fine for 13 years and two TVs, no complaints about "smoothness" but I don't move it on a daily basis either.

Here’s another one that Sanus says should work:

From Costco for $150:
https://www.costco.com/sanus-preferred-37"-90"-full-motion-tv-mount.product.4000041956.html

Unfortunately, at least one review mentioned it being difficult to keep the TV level. This seems to be a complaint I’ve seen with many dual-armed mounts. Not sure if it’s the dual arm or just coincidence. Still… I‘m somewhat inclined to put this one in the lead. Don’t suppose anyone has one of these? Eventually I’ll just have to pick something and if it doesn’t stay completely level I’ll just have to live with it (so long as it isn’t going to fall down!).

Back