• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Directv replaces SonicTap with iHeart radio

TitaniumTroy

Opps, Edit: I misspoke SonicTap was replaced by Music Choice, which is also used on Comcast I believe. To use iheart radio you have to go thru the app and use the free or pay version, my mistake.

Well once again Directv has changed it's music channels on it's channel guide. Going from SonicTap, which had a had pretty good catalog of songs. But sound quality wise was highly compressed in the bass, not to mention "some channels were not even in stereo". Which was told to me buy a Directv tech rep on the phone.

I had a short first listening session this morning before having to leave to catch water smugglers trying to get on the planes at the airport. Only thing I really remember that stood out was I have to crank the volume more than SonicTap. I also liked the channel line up much better with SonicTap, like no Hairband channel any more, closet thing is 80's rock.

In the past Directv had XM Radio, which I can't remember how the SQ via Directv. I still listen to it as I am an Sirius XM online and satellite subscriber. Favorite channel is Cinemagic.

Of course Pandora is still an option through Directv, while the SQ is acceptable their music catalog in movie soundtracks is kind of slim. They do have a lot of channels and a good catalog in most categories.

So will check back in the more I use iHeart radio, any others using iHeart radio via Directv in either their channel line up or through the app?

Last edited:
I can’t share any numbers but very, very few people use music channels on DirecTV.

As for praise ... their app gets 4 stars with over 17,000 reviews. So they’ve got that going for them.

D65C6EAF-7152-406D-98FF-A437ABFEF24E.jpeg

Back