• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Direct Tv Now.

Dentman

I officialy switched, no more cable for us. Of all the streaming tv providers I tried the Direc tv now service seems to have the best channel selection and user interface for me. This move saved us exactly $100.00 A month. Picture quality is extremely good in 720p. That's all my tv's are.

I’ve been REALLY happy with the service. I guess we’ve had it roughly a year now +/- and aside from being glitchy for 2-3 weeks out of the gate, it’s been trouble free after they did whatever it was that corrected it. I’m now in their beta testing phase of their Cloud DVR. I can’t really speak to it though, because I’ve not had time to play with it. So I haven’t been giving them feedback. In summary I’m an extremely happy customer @ their $40/mo for 70 channels plus HBO.

I’ve been REALLY happy with the service. I guess we’ve had it roughly a year now +/- and aside from being glitchy for 2-3 weeks out of the gate, it’s been trouble free after they did whatever it was that corrected it. I’m now in their beta testing phase of their Cloud DVR. I can’t really speak to it though, because I’ve not had time to play with it. So I haven’t been giving them feedback. In summary I’m an extremely happy customer @ their $40/mo for 70 channels plus HBO.
That's good to know. Are you not an AT&T customer? I've got the same package for $20.00 A month. I get a discount for being a shoe phone customer of at&T with their unlimited data plan.

I’ll have to look into that. I am an AT&T cellular customer but we don’t have AT&T internet out here on the east coast so I’m not sure if I qualify for a bundled discount.

I officialy switched, no more cable for us.

Dent-
Does DTV Now have the local feed of NBC (channel 2) , FOX (channel 9), CBS (channel 11), and ABC (channel 13)

I keep getting conflicting information. Some say it does and others say it doesn’t.

Before you ask, I can’t get reliable OTA signals in Cypress.

Dent-
Does DTV Now have the local feed of NBC (channel 2) , FOX (channel 9), CBS (channel 11), and ABC (channel 13)

I keep getting conflicting information. Some say it does and others say it doesn’t.

Before you ask, I can’t get reliable OTA signals in Cypress.
Just checked.
I'm getting ABC 13
Fox 26
It looks like just those 2 locals.

Funny thing was when I went to the Comcast store today to return my boxes the guy said he could offer me a better deal then I was given over the phone. For $10.00 less a month he threw in xfinity streaming service which I didn't even know existed. You down load the xfinity app called streaming and I get 30 some HD channels streamed in HD, including locals. I havnt tried it yet.

Just checked.
I'm getting ABC 13
Fox 26
It looks like just those 2 locals.

Thanks.
That’s what their site says but a month or so ago I actually called channel 2 to encourage them to get on the platform. Whoever called me back lead me to believe they were already on it. Guess not.

darn it, direct tv now? i have to look into this, we have direct tv, and using their app i can stream stuff etc. but still pay a monthly fee.

i will check, thanks dent!

Thanks.
That’s what their site says but a month or so ago I actually called channel 2 to encourage them to get on the platform. Whoever called me back lead me to believe they were already on it. Guess not.
I'll keep an eye out for it.

Thanks
The local feed of NBC is the one channel I’d rather not do without and it’s all that’s keeping me from making the move to DTV Now.
I can ask the boss of bosses at channel 2. He's my friend

Edit: texted him.

Last edited:
I can ask the boss of bosses at channel 2. He's my friend

Edit: texted him.

Awesome keep me posted ... I lemailed and even left a voicemail a while back and an a guy who said he was an engineer called me back (which was cool and unexpected) and said all the equipment had been installed for streaming over IP since last summer. I assume that there are contract and not technical issues keeping certain channels off one IP platform or another.

Awesome keep me posted ... I lemailed and even left a voicemail a while back and an a guy who said he was an engineer called me back (which was cool and unexpected) and said all the equipment had been installed for streaming over IP since last summer. I assume that there are contract and not technical issues keeping certain channels off one IP platform or another.
A heads up for you. The guy at Comcast gave me a new router stating the one I had was shit. I just hooked it up today and it's much faster, 5G, and much more stable.

Then again all you guys are tech guys so you probably have your own routers. Anyway thought I'd mention it just in case.

5G? How is that possible?

The first demo production class 5G radios were just announced and are not in mass production yet.

Wait, I just looked up what Comcast was offering (fearing they are already mis-marketing 5G) and I assume what was meant to be 5Ghz WiFi.

5G? How is that possible?

The first demo production class 5G radios were just announced and are not in mass production yet.

And it’s Comcast ... they’re not in the mobile broadband business in Houston.
I’m sure there’s a misunderstanding.

Wait, I just looked up what Comcast was offering (fearing they are already mis-marketing 5G) and I assume what was meant to be 5Ghz WiFi.
My bad I should have been more clear. There I go assuming shit again.
5Ghz.
My speed without changing my plan is much much faster.

Sorry... the most exciting thing in my industry right now is how anyone is going to actually implement the new 5G broadband technology, so when I thought someone may have started using it with my already knowing about it, I freaked out a bit.

Sorry... the most exciting thing in my industry right now is how anyone is going to actually implement the new 5G broadband technology, so when I thought someone may have started using it with my already knowing about it, I freaked out a bit.
How far off is it?

Some light test deployments this year, full cities next year, and wider deployment in 2020. The true telltale sign is when yuou see a phone ship with the modem for 5G radio signalling in it.

Back