• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Assassin's Creed III

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Superstar
Was bored/discouraged/frustrated/etc. and needed my usual escape into video games, so decided to replay AC III - the one with Connor and the American revolution. I'd forgotten just how good this game is! The story is deeply involving, the characters interesting (especially Connor and his father, Haytham), the historical setting informative, the side quests - in particular the homestead stuff - adding a lot to the game. I really like this one, and now after playing it again, especially in light of the subsequent two installments (Black Flag, Unity) which I think suffer in comparison, I think I can say this is my favorite of the AC games.

It's a few years old now, but the graphics are still pretty good, too.

game-infopage-ac3-ss_139171.jpg

i thought he was also one of the stronger assassins but always seem to be comparing him to ezio. His character for me was a great story unfolded with YOU inside of it. it was an amazing experience, until almost the end. it couldve been better, but it couldve been worse too.

connor was surprisingly a neat little package that didnt need three or four games to unravel his story.

THAT is amazing.

Right, the ending was not terribly happy. Especially when you bundle in the pathos of the displacement of the native Americans, which of course plays a big part in this story. I thought they handled it well, though, not sugarcoating anything, including the Patriot leaders - Washington in particular.

I think because the history is more directly relevant to me, compared to, say, Renaissance Italy, that it was easier to be "in the world" while playing it. And it was cool how they worked in the player's (Connor's) participation in major events like the Boston tea party, Paul Revere's ride, various battles, etc. Again, very well done story writing. With fairly accurate (as far as I know) historical setting.

one thing I did enjoy a lot was the hunting aspect. not often can you find games that allow you to use a bow. :happy-smileygiantred:

Well except Far Cry... which is pretty much Assassin's Creed with a different skin. :laughing:

PaulyT said:
Well except Far Cry... which is pretty much Assassin's Creed with a different skin. :laughing:

True, you can always include

Tomb Raider (no hunting tho)
Shadows of Mordor
Skyrim

:happy-smileygiantred:

Ah of course, Skyrim, how could I forget!?!?! The bow is always my first weapon of choice in that type of game.

Back