• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Amazon opening physical bookstore?

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
I was wandering around a popular new shopping and business area as I was waiting for the beginning of an happy hour gathering and stumbled across this:

newsEngin.19965701_amazonbooks.jpg

So, the very same company which started the end of the bookstore for millions of buyers is now opening bookstores because... well... I guess there is a market for buying books in a store.

Just another step towards world domination :smiley: or an attempt to take over the small portion of the book business that they don't dominate already? It won't take long if they're serious about opening stores across the country. I suppose they could even ship from certain stores to close by homes when it makes sense.

I find it funny that I struggle with the dominance Google has in the world but love what I get from Amazon as a customer so much that I love to see them expanding. I think it is because I think I know exactly what Amazon wants from me - my money. So, they make it easy for me to give them money for stuff I really want. Google, however, is a mystery to me. I know they make money mostly on advertising, and thus they give away free products to get info on my to improve their revenues in advertising by making the ads more and more targeted, and thus more valuable, over time. It is convoluted - but they desperately want my info - which scares me. At least when Amazon get my info I know it could result in a product or service they want to sell me. That's easy to understand.

My son says, "Dad, soon we will all be like those characters in WALL-E, sitting in our reclining chairs, fat and contented ordering everything we need from Amazon.

Back