• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

walls said:
That's one I really want to see, if it's on par with Arnold's Last Stand and Stallones Bullet to the Head then I am sure I will like it.

I watched The Host on Netflix last night. Great monster movie from China, well worth the watch/read. Lol.

I actually liked it better than Last Stand or Bullet to the Head.

Haywood said:
walls said:
That's one I really want to see, if it's on par with Arnold's Last Stand and Stallones Bullet to the Head then I am sure I will like it.

I watched The Host on Netflix last night. Great monster movie from China, well worth the watch/read. Lol.

how was last stand and bullet in the head?

worth viewing or pass altogether?

jomari said:
Haywood said:
walls said:

how was last stand and bullet in the head?

worth viewing or pass altogether?

My response to both of them was, "Meh." I could have bought either one for $5 and took a pass.

Haywood said:
My response to both of them was, "Meh." I could have bought either one for $5 and took a pass.

Thanks for the heads up, i think im going to find another movie to bleed my brains out. appreciate it haywood!

IMO if you liked their earlier action films you should like these, in the very least they are worth a one time view.

walls said:
IMO if you liked their earlier action films you should like these, in the very least they are worth a one time view.

I didn't feel like it was two hours of my life I was never going to get back or anything, I just didn't like them enough to buy them (even for $5).

The Mission. Amazon Prime. Robert De Niro, Jeremy Irons , and a young Liam Neeson. A 1988 production. Check it out. You won't be disappointed.

Went out and caught new release Non-Stop with Liam Neeson. It wasn't bad. Neeson, himself is always good. Quality wise, I'd put it somewhere between Taken and Taken 2. It was just above average. If you don't catch it theaters, rent, don't buy.

Jomari on your recommendation I watched "The Haunter" very suspenseful movie and much like a fucked up version of Bill Murray's "Groundhog Day". I hated the ending but up until then I thought it was a very creepy original movie.

During my recent travels to Barcelona, on the plane flights to and from Spain I watched:

- Season Two of Northern Exposure (I know, not a movie. But it was shot on film! So technically...)
- Thor: The Dark World
- The Wolverine
- Trouble with the Curve (in-flight entertainment system)
- Erik the Viking (crappy official DVD version)
- Last Vegas (in-flight entertainment system)

And some various training flicks for work.

MatthewB said:
Jomari on your recommendation I watched "The Haunter" very suspenseful movie and much like a fucked up version of Bill Murray's "Groundhog Day". I hated the ending but up until then I thought it was a very creepy original movie.

not bad huh. well, i guess as much as the ending was, i thought it wouldve been better than what i was anticipating. nowadays it seems that horror flicks are trying to setup some kinda of 'to be continued' every goddamn single time. it gets old. let it end properly, and not have shit 'surprise' you when its not needed. anyways, simple rant.

i actually like neeson in grey for some reason. its not the best movie, the flashbacks are a pain to watch, but the survival mode he puts you in, will always be satisfying.

he can sell shit on a platter and you'd STILL give him a tip.

Guys, I searched IMDB on "The Haunter" but nothing came up. Instead, it's either "The Hunter" (which I've seen) or 5 other listings of "Haunter". Which is it? :(

Re: What Movie(s) Did You WatchToday?

Thor: The Dark world.

Wishing my new receiver was in and wishing we hadn't screwed up the sub cable when we installed the new 60" upstairs.

Used RG 6 for the sub cable due to the length of the run and apparently didn't get one of the connections right so I have to re-terminate it at both ends.

Anyway so far the movie is pretty decent as I expected. I like the first Thor movie.

DIYer check the previous page. Jomari posted the movie poster. It's the one with Abigail Breslyn.

Watched Thor: The Dark World over the weekend two and thought it was pretty good.

I also recently watched The Dallas Buyers Club, which was absolutely fantastic.

Hulk vs. Wolverine

Great animated film, plays pretty true to the characters as they are in the comic. Violent for a cartoon as well.

Riddick
51Ta-63QuLL._SY300_.jpg

I think it's a niche movie now. Fans love it and non-fans like myself thought it's not bad. I've seen Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick and I would say this one is the best of the three. I really liked the first half of this movie but then things got little... how should I say... corny? It may be due to the lack of good acting by some casts which showed up later on in this movie. If the second half had the same level of intrigues, I would have said "good" instead of "not bad".

I liked the enchanting images of an alien world in this movie. CGI has improved quite a bit since the first two of this series.

I give it 3 stars out of 5 and I'm glad to see a R rated sci-fi action movie which is rare these days.

Just watched "Dallas Buyers Club" what a good but hard movie to watch. True story about a bull riding drug using womanizer who contracts AIDS in the 80's and because the FDA won't approve drugs that work in the USA he goes to other countries and has the drugs imported and starts a business to help others. I'm not a huge Jared Leto fan but have to give credit where credit is due and he did a phenomenal job in this movie. Worthy of watching but a lot of homophobic slurs and nudity in this one.

Back